Saturday, June 30, 2012

Confession 1

           Hey guys this is my first post on this blog. What can I say other than I work for Comcast. First I want you to know that many things have happened in the 10 years I have worked for this company. At first I have to tell you it was great and I was extremely proud to work for this company, but recently I find myself trying to hide the fact that I work for this business. I'm a technician and I witness everyday the abuse that this company puts on the customers and employees.
           
            Let me start with the employees and the standards that we are held to. Rework- A combination of call backs on installations and service calls. Lets say I went to your house today and you have been having problems with your internet. I go and and identify what is causing the problem. Lets say its a bad connector outside. I repair the issue and at the time that I'm there I check your cable service and everything seems to be working right. From the moment I leave your home lets say July 1, 2012. If you the customer call back for any issue for example your cable box died in a power outage on July 20th if a technician comes out to your house within a 30 day period for any service issue it affects my metrics which in turn affect one of the categories of the yearly review and that is a huge category to screw up in. There is only one way the technician can stop that from happening and that is by becoming a psychic magician or giving you his/her phone number. There is only one huge problem with that lets say its 10:30pm on July 20th I'm not working and a customer calls my phone. How friendly do you think I will be at that time when I'm most likely at home with my family? Where I work most customers don't have consideration even when I have instructed customers in the past not to call me on my off days and after my shift ends. My phone would ring at late hours of the night and I would get messages like "I don't know how to watch my DVD".

              At the end of the day a technician gets rated in a lot of things and if those metrics are not met a technician will not get his 3-5% increase which is more like 1.9% average now. I have yet to break 40k a year. Having a military background and a college education. Reading this you're probably asking yourself why hasn't this guy tried to move up the corporate ladder? I have tried many times. I have come to the conclusion that the reason I haven't been given an opportunity is because I have one thing that most people don't have and that is COMMON SENSE!! which isn't common at all in this company. Enough about technicians let talk about the customer. Customers and excuse my french get fucked worst than any employee sorry to say. The average customer pays comcast about $150 a month that's for internet and cable. I won't even talk about the phone service or business service yet. If you own your own business and have business class from comcast you'll cry after I tell you. I'll give you a sneak peak. Okay business customer have you asked yourself if comcast  uses their own service to run their offices? Well the answer is HELL NO and you know why? I'll tell you on another post.

             Customers the reason you're getting fucked is because no matter what happens in your home like how new your installation is or the area where you live is eventually your service will go down. It's not reliable sorry to say but it's the truth but hey it keeps me working, it's an unfortunate situation sorry. The one thing you can count on is that your service eventually will be interrupted. That's about one of the few things comcast guarantees that you will have problems with your service and that your cable will be shut off if you don't pay.  On my next post I will post everything a technician needs to worry about in order to get his/her 1.9% at the end of the year. I will post more confessions if you have any questions for me post a comment I will answer it to the best of my ability I'm only a technician so I don't know everything. Join the blog and if there are any employees or ex employees out there that want their confession published send it to me so I can post it. If you work for Comcast please remain anonymous for your own safety.

No comments:

Post a Comment