Monday, July 2, 2012

Confession 2

       Hey guys this is hopeless. I want you guys to know that I'm working on making this blog better. I have been seeking consultation as to what I can do to make things better. On this post I'm going to talk about digital interruption. A technician refers to digital interruption as digital tiling because other than your audio sounding horrible you get little squares in your picture. If you experience some tiling there are a few things you can do before you call Comcast. First make sure if its only one TV set or more.

        If one set is tiling it can be an individual issue with the converter or the wiring. If all your TVs are doing the same thing most likely the issue is outside your home. If this is happening to you call Comcast and prepare to be on the phone for at least an hour. Before you get on the phone if you only have an issue with one digital converter,  try to get the serial number of the converter. This is mostly located behind the converter. If you have the same issue on all your equipment then don't worry about it. When you have a rep on the phone I suggest you attempt to let the rep know that all your equipment is malfunctioning the same way. The reason I say you attempt is because the rep on the phone sometimes doesn't know any better than the script that is in front of them. Nicely let them know you would like to know if there is an area issue and if there is no issue then you need to schedule an appointment. A lot of representatives will tell you before they get off the phone with you that your box is bad and needs replacement. This is not always true. The reps ass is sitting in a call center and has no idea what is going on in your home. All a rep can do is assume and we all know what happens when we ASS-U-ME.

       Please and I beg you please don't tell a technician its your box when he/she arrives at your home. We hate that and honestly it makes most of us not want to change your equipment. Be honest with the technician and let them know you would like to have your converter changed out because you lost all confidence in the equipment. We understand that. What most technicians don't like is to be told how to do their job. I'm not going to go to your job and tell you how to do your job so don't tell me how to do mine.

       At the end of the day technicians know Comcast customers are getting raped by the crappy service and prices. Work with us and we will for sure work with you because we want you to have good service at least for 30 days, but hopefully for more. Like I said the service is unreliable so if it works for 30 days or more consider yourself one of the lucky ones. On my next post I will post in detail what a technician is rated on. I know what I wrote on my previous post, but I felt the customers needed a bit of guidance.

No comments:

Post a Comment